Too many new international players leaving the game

• This is a great game. However as I see it there are too many new managers leaving the game. I'm only a couple of seasons in but on server 1 out of 80 International teams that started with me only 51 reamin that 63% and on server 2 it is a lot worse 22 International teams started and only 5 remain thats only 22% left.

Why are all these managers leaving the game. Maybe the game has too steep a learning curve at the beginning. Maybe new players don;t like losing to computer teams. Maybe there is not enough help for new players I admit there are a couple of excellent managers helping new managers but is it enough.

Wulfman is a great guy is a great guy but does he look out for the PRemier League managers too much at the expense of the beginners the raw beginners rarely have a voice.

Take the "Is there to much money in the game" topic on the German forum. The only reason for storing money in the middle or lower league as I can think of is that 1 day they will spend all their cash at once in order to have a shot at the big leagues. By stopping middle teams from storging money their hope of becoming a Premier League manager will fade and in time they will stop playing the game.

Computer games are measured by how many players are playing the game. More thought needs to be put into how to retan new players. Maybe they could be rewarded for staying in the game for a month. Maybe more experience players could be rewarded if they mentor a beginner. Maybe some of the lower computer teams could be made weaker(especially on server 2).

• The things is, this game is really not for everyone because it is a little slow and requires a lot of patience, especially at the beginning.

It allows you to progress through the first couples of seasons easily (also especially if you learn the game by scouting players at auctions and regularly play speedgames to try out, use loaners etc.), but after a while you hit the wall (Regional league) because there are no more computer players and most teams have been there for a long time.

But even if you are better than most managers (learn more about the game) after those 5-10 seasons, you will still hit a wall after 15-25 seasons because of staff slots limitations. There were some discussions about that earlier but it's not a popular topic for those who have played from the beginning and got a head start when the game was different.

Doesn't matter anyway, the thing is most managers do not learn the game properly and get frustrated.

It doesn't help when you calculate how long it takes in real life days/years (20 seasons * 20 days per season for example).

My advice is to write things down, learn the game through speedgames as much as possible and use that in the real game. If you have patience, good things will come.

• I admit that no computer game is for everyone.

However now out of the 80 International teams that started with me on Server 1 only 5 remain and out of the 22 International teams that started with me on Server 2 only 1 remains. Therefore Server 1 is only retaining 6.25% of players and Server 2 only 4.5% of players.

Other computer games can have hours of information on youtube yet currently TTM has only a 29 second trailer, a 3 minute help guide and one video by beginner team falcons. If I was capable of doing some youtube videos on the game to help new players then I would.

Therefore if you are a new international team just starting out feel free to message me and I'll try and help you out. Although I'm only in 3rd season I calculate that I am already a top 20 International manager (ie. non- German flag manager) on Server 1 and top 5 International Manager on Server 2.

Like Domac says you need to be patient when playing TTM as 38% of the 80 new managers on Server 1 were relegated in their first season. Being relegated in your 1st season is no bad thing as it gives you a chance to build up your money and sort out your team for the journey ahead. Only 12% got promoted in their first season and all the teams that won promotion in their 1st season were relegated in their 2nd season.

Like I said in the original post more thought needs to be put into how to retain new players. Do the computer teams in the 7th Division (District Division 3) really have to be so strong. When they are up against real players who have no or little idea of how to play the game. If it was not for Domac I would not be in District Division 2 with my team TTC AFC Wimbledon.

• You also have to keep in mind that your 1st season also depends heavily on your registration date.

If you register in the 2nd half of the season, you don't have that much of a choice and can barely influence the standings. Anyway, I don't see it as a bad thing because I was also relegated my first season but got the chance to learn more and build up the bank account.

That's why I then had 6 winning seasons in a row during which I made some mistakes but also learned so much. Could have been better but it seems okay to me because I managed to be in 2nd league in my 14th season and got to Bundesliga in my 26th. Not great, not terrible ^^

Just be patient, try out different things in your first seasons, try not to spend too much money because you'll need it more later, and definitely do not buy rackets because they are not needed until you get to top 3 leagues. My best advice for learning is to spend some time on speedgames (also adds a small premium to your Real game account)

I'm always open for advice both here and ingame.

Stay in the game and you'll realise it only gets better later.

• Official Post

The problem is simply that the game does not reflect the spirit of the times. Young people have no more patience and want to be entertained quickly and perfectly. It is difficult and time-consuming to implement this in a browser game.

The bounce rate of new players is 99.9%. And this not only for foreign players, but also for German players. It's just not that noticeable, because new players register every day.

Nevertheless, there are still a few less "old school" players who are getting used to the game and I am especially happy about these players and indeed we have become more in the last months.

• I am sorry to say that all 80 international teams that started when I did have now left the game. While is ok to be relegated in your 1st season it is hardly motivational for the manager.

I got tips on how to play the game from a Premiership manager. Read the forum and spent alot of time in game. And I got a premium account and spent some money on Euros. Yet still one of my teams was relegated to the 9th Division. And the other remained in the 8th Division.

Other players are not so lucky they don't have a mentor they don't have time to read every forum post and don't always have money to spend in game.

Wulfman admitts the bouce rate for new players is 99.9%. This in my view has to be too high. This rate means that out of 1,000 new players to join the game I am the only one left. And that Wulfman only gets 10 players playing the game for every 10,000 new players that start the game. If this bouce rate was reduced to 99% Wulfman would get 100 players playing for every 10,000 new players starting or even 95% then Wulfman would have 500 players playing for every 10,000 new players starting.

In my view there is no point in advertising until something is done to reduce the bouce rate.

What I think should be done is to let players playing in the very low divisions such as the 9th, 8th and 7th Divisions is to let them beat the computer teams around them. No one will complain if low computer teams get beat and a lot of new players would be very happy. Losing 6-0 away to very computer team in your first season is just not right.

New players need to be motivated by some early wins in order for them to fall for the game hook line and sinker. If your doing your very best and still losing 6-0 in the 8th Division your going to be wondering what is the point in carrying on in the game.

Just trying to help

yours

MadJack

• Official Post

Hello MadJack,

yes you have to work your way into the game, but that's what it's all about. It is not a point&click or action game but a strategy game. I can't change the fact that it doesn't meet the spirit of the times anymore and to lower the bounce rate is very difficult. Most players bounce already after registration, not 2-3 days later because they lost. They just don't like this kind of game.

I don't think that the lowest leagues are hard to play, on the contrary, you can soon overtake the computer players by training. That's why I continue to focus on advertising, but not on mass, I'm looking for a good price-performance ratio. The topic of marketing is not so easy, but in the meantime I have gained years of experience and the table tennis manager is still a successful game and defies the negative trend in browser games.

I think it is really important to keep the pearls among the players and even if it is only 1%, many of these 1% stay for years and are a great enrichment of the community. I hope to have finally found another English-speaking player with you MadJack , who will stay with us for a long time. :)

So long...