Interim status: Faster server - fewer players

• Hello,

I would like to give you a short interim report.

The Table Tennis Manager has been running fast and stable since the server move at the beginning of this year. The effort of the move was definitely worth it.

It was also a very good step to get ach_ja on board. He not only managed the updates he brought in cleanly and reacted quickly to errors, but also initiated and implemented them on his own. Communication with him was also impeccable and I hope he has a few more good ideas for implementations that he can do without database access.

The two "old" programmers are not out of the world either and in their quiet phases I can still fall back on their services.

Unfortunately, the number of players has dropped for two main reasons: Firstly, because after the end of the Corona restrictions, people are going out the door a bit more again instead of surfing the internet. Secondly, I don't have the budget to do more advertising at the moment. In addition to the measures that are always ongoing, I want to attract new players to the game in the autumn through the new languages. I have done almost no advertising for this yet, so it still has considerable potential.

Nevertheless, the number of hits and thus the number of regular players is still fairly constant. In the attached screenshot you can see (percentage figures for comparison between 2020/2021 and 2021/2022) that we only had 13% fewer page impressions last year, although in the previous year there were sometimes more than 2,000 teams registered on server 1, in contrast to only about 700 now. So these absolute figures don't say much, but nevertheless there were one or two regular players who left us. That's part of it, and it hurts me more with each individual player than with the 1,000 teams that only drop in briefly and then leave again.

This December we have an anniversary that I don't want to forget: Server 1 started its game operation on 10.12.2012 and thus celebrates its 10th anniversary. Since I'm not a party guy and I don't have the money to throw a big party, please forgive me for not throwing one, but I want to see if we can have a little something ingame. We still have some players in the game who signed up on this first day, which makes me very happy, and they should not go unmentioned on this day. ^^

Apart from that, there will be updates again, but not in the summer, maybe at the end of the year. The "tactics" update, which we had already discussed, hangs over my head like a sword of Damocles.

That should be it from me today. Have a great summer, go out and enjoy life, but don't forget the sunscreen and the table tennis manager. ;)