Status quo and outlook for 2022

• Hello,

as always, a little update on the overall situation of the Table Tennis Manager.

The year 2021 was not the best year we had. On average there were about 20% less page views than in 2020, although it has to be said that 2020 had a special surge of players due to the start of the pandemic. I was able to achieve almost all the goals I had set myself for the year, but in the summer there was a drastic server error that cost us a lot of time, money and long efforts to eradicate. The last problem from July, we could not even solve until November.

At the same time, the programmer's capacity was tied up, so that no further new features could be added and my financial budget was completely exhausted as a result. In addition, the update was unfortunately not a complete success and the challenge area had to be improved at short notice, but we managed to do this quickly thanks to the old programmer.

Finally, there was one positive development, namely that our member ach_ja could be involved in the interface programming and gave us all a little Santa gift with some visual improvements.

Not to forget that I was able to gain a new programmer, who is still struggling a bit with the TTM, but is still firmly on board.

For the year 2022, I have planned the following things:

• To be able to cancel discontinued recreations again
    • Show unawarded skills in the player auctions
    • Delete old messages automatically after 6 months
    • Include system auctions in the overview so that I don't always have to point them out.
    • Reset skills for money
    • Eliminate bugs
    • And finally, an extensive tactics change, as suggested by Donald

I don't know if we'll get everything right, but we'll see.

In any case, I wish you a Happy New Year and am hopeful that our lives will finally return to normal.