Status quo and outlook for 2024

• Hello,

As always at the turn of the year, here are my personal assessments of the game:

Last year had a turbulent final third. Criticism of the clan problem gathered such momentum that I began to doubt whether I was still the right person to lead the Table Tennis Manager. I don't want to chew this over here, but one thing has become clear to me in the course of the discussions: There is no alternative to my responsibility on this project at the moment. I'm not writing this because I feel I'm in such a good position, but because I can't see any better alternative at the moment.

Once I had overcome my low point, I decided for myself to carry on with the game and simply grit my teeth in the precarious moments. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people who had my back, I really needed it. I don't want to give up the game lightly and I won't do so. Of course, Table Tennis Manager is part of my life's work, but that alone is not the reason. I actually still believe that the game will have a bigger future, even if the current player numbers don't reflect that.

In terms of player numbers, we reached an all-time low in 2023. At the time of writing: 362 teams on server 1 and 93 teams on server 2. I would like to make a note of this because I am hopeful that we will be able to report higher player numbers again in the coming years.

Now to the positive outlook:

Thanks to the original programmer, there will soon be a new update that packs a punch. Not because of its size, but because it will shake the foundations of Table Tennis Manager. The discussions about the clan problem were ultimately fruitful and we have decided on simple, effective and possibly tactic-changing measures that will soon be implemented. This will also strengthen players who want to play more on their own and train their own players from scratch.

But that's not all: the skill against the attacker player type that was mentioned some time ago will also be introduced and open up new possibilities. This will give our long-established regular players something to chew on again, hopefully for years to come, while at the same time strengthening the all-rounders and defenders and making them more competitive. More details on the update, which should be available in about a month.

In addition, ach_ja has been busy again and will add his changes to the next update. I hope he also implements my idea of a new login, then the new year can come.

Why is this so important to me? I completely suspended my advertising activities in the middle of this year because I was disappointed by the number of returns. For a game like Table Tennis Manager, it's getting harder and harder to get new people interested, as we've already discussed. I hope that the changes will result in more registrations and that I will then spend money again to strengthen the game.

Last but not least, the discussions in the forum have also revealed something else positive: There are still some players here who care about Table Tennis Manager and the participation in the topics was high.

That's all from me and I wish you a Happy New Year!